Bone and Joint Health
Aging and an active lifestyle can wreak havoc on your bones and joints. This havoc can turn to incredible pain, inflammation, and discomfort that can significantly affect your quality of life. Over 44 million individuals suffer from Osteoporosis and millions more from other musculoskeletal issues such as muscle aches, joint tears, and ligament/cartilage deterioration. Many take medications that provide temporary relief, but they also have some serious side effects. Also, medications only provide relief rather than rebuilding and repairing which is necessary to improve mobility and function. There are many things we can do besides taking medication that can prevent pain, as well as reduce your risks for diseases like osteoporosis and arthritis.
Aging, activity, certain disease such as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis can affect the structure of our bones, joints, and muscles. All these factors can lead to joint pain, inflammation, stiffness, and even deformity. Although age related changes to your bones is a fact of life, do not assume that you cannot take proper dietary and supplement measures to support healthy development and growth.
Supporting Strong Bones and Health Joints
- Increases mobility and range of motion in your joints
- Reduces pain and stiffness in the joints
- Provides for greater muscle flexibility and less soreness
- Decreases tension in highly prone areas such as the neck, hips and ankles
Youngevity® Healthy Bone and Joint Pak™
Youngevity® Healthy Bone and Joint Pak™ is a specially designed nutritional supplement program that provides the body with the ultimate 90 essential nutrients, 90 For Life™, along with GlucoGel™ and Ultimate™ CM Cream™. The suite of products helps to strengthen the fundamental units of the body while feeding the bones, ligaments, and tendons specific nutrients to create strength and mobility from the inside out.
Prevention or solution, the Bone and Joint Pak is designed to support proper growth, development, and repair of the critical elements of the joints. The Pak focuses on supplying the body highly absorbable, premier grade nutrients such as Vitamin D, Calcium, Glucosamine and Chondroitin. The formula has been optimized to be “complimentary”, ensuring that certain nutrients are paired together to increase absorption and utilization.
Natural anti-inflammatory compounds have also been added to target pain centers and restrict the inflammation that has been caused by on-going deterioration. This is a key attribute of the formula so that it supports the recovery of joints while keeping a protective response relating to ongoing wear and tear.
Healthy Foods That Support Joint Health
- Wild Salmon – a great and natural source of anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Almonds – a high source of Vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps to neutralize free radical stress.
- Papaya – has twice the amount of Vitamin C of an orange, plus a dose of Vitamin A; two antioxidants that support joint health.
- Apples – rich in quercetin, an antioxidant that builds collagen, a fibrous protein that is a component of cartilage.
- Black Beans – rich in anthocyanins which inhibit production of COX-2, an enzyme responsible for inflammation.
- Kale – packed with minerals, magnesium and copper, these are the go-to minerals for healthy bones.
- Broccoli – contains sulfoaphane, a chemical that reinvigorates the body’s defense against free radicals.
- Ginger – a spice that has been used in Asia for centuries to reduce joint pain and swelling.
- Green Tea – rich in the polyphenol catechin, a powerful antioxidant that fights free radical stress.
Foods to Stay Away From
- Tomatoes, Peppers, White Potatoes, Eggplant, and Tobacco – these family of plants contain a natural substance called solanine which, when consumed, can produce severe pain in the joints and soft tissue.
- Purine-laden Proteins – this is a byproduct of protein digestion. Although all protein contains purine, the major offenders are Red meats, Organ Meats and Shellfish.
- Wheat and Gluten – worst when they are completely stripped of their grain, also called White Flour.
- Trans Fats – these terrible fats dramatically increase the inflammatory response and cause on-going damage to already broken down and abused joints and tissue.
- MSG and Artificial Sweeteners – these two stimulate the pancreas causing an imbalance in insulin and blood sugar levels which produces body aches and pains.
Bone and Joint Health Sample Meal Plan
2 – Egg Omelet with Sautéed Spinach
1 cup Mixed Berries (Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries)
1 cup Green Tea
Mid Morning Snack
8 ounces Yogurt
½ cup Tart Cherries
Grilled Salmon Salad (include Baby Spinach, Carrots, Steamed Asparagus, Broccoli, Winter Squash)
Mid Afternoon Snack
½ sliced Avocado
Tuna Fish Sandwich on Flaxseed Bread with Mayonnaise, Lettuce, Onions and Sprinkle Turmeric
Kale Salad with Fresh Lemon Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Crushed Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Graded Pecorio Tuscano Cheese